Derbyshire Blood Bikes is a registered charity (1143149) providing an urgent medical courier service to the NHS in Derbyshire.
Our aims are;
- help the NHS provide more timely treatments to local patients
- save the NHS money on their transport costs
- operate a sustainable, efficient and effective charity
Transporting lifesaving medical items including blood and blood products, biological samples and medication. We also transport donated breast milk into the NHS national milk bank, then used to support feeding of premature or seriously ill infants. If we can carry it safely ….. we will transport it!
We do currently need more volunteers for a variety of roles to add to the volunteer motorcyclists and drivers providing a 24/7 hour service.
See How You Can Help
You could be part of a service that, in 2018:
- made almost over 1400 journeys for our local NHS, over 60% to out-of-county locations
- saved our local NHS over £70,000 on transport costs
- helped in the treatment of thousands of patients
If you would like to be part of that, please contact our team today:
Phone: 07470 903215 (please do not use this number of you require a collection click here)